Thursday, August 16, 2012

ME TIME


My blog will not have regular postings because I have no control day to day as to how I will feel or how high my pain tolerance flag may go. It's been a painful week so I have been using the coping skills I have developed to get through a bad Fibro flare. I believe these can help anyone whether it is a physical pain or emotional.

Meditate. I am usually stuck in bed or my recliner with a blanket so meditating helps so much. I breathe in healing and breathe out gratitude. You can choose any words that work for you. Long deep breaths. So relaxing. Most times I fall asleep which is the most healing thing that works for me.

Guided Imagery. I have a healing place in nature where I go in my head. For me, it's meadow in the Rockies. Full of wild flowers, pine and fresh breezes. My Higher power meets me there and holds me in a warm embrace of healing. You can go to any special place in nature you love. Nothing will harm you there.. you are safe.

Reading. If I can balance my NOOK so I don't have to hold it, I read either a comforting new novel or one of my favorites. Some of my favorite books are Simple Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg, any beach book by Nancy Thayer, the Lucas davenport books by John Sandford and the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. I also enjoy reading first time authors recommended on BN .com. They never steer me wrong. I never tire of Mary Oliver's poetry. I have all her books.

Vision Boards. I have many Vision Boards. Some for manifesting dreams to become true in my life. They have always come to be !! Very true!  And I make Vision Boards to affirm me, soother and heal me and just for JOY. I need to make a new manifesting board as well as a healing board. As soon as I am up to it, I'll be drawing and cutting pics out of magazines!

Comfort: One of the most soothing things I do is nurture myself. I cuddle in my favorite fleece blanket, drink lots of mocha decaf, lie with my goldens on the deck and listen to the chimes sing me to sleep.

Listen to your heart and your body. Knowing when you need comfort and healing is the way to Serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment