Monday, September 17, 2012

Finding Our Own Path

A friend of mine is subletting her condo and letting spirit guide her into a path of minimalism and travel.  She has sold, given away and boxed her possessions and is going to live out of her SUV for the next year at least.  She is flying free.

My path has led me to a nest. It's the same house where we raised our children but has become my rest zone since I have been disabled.  I needed a space where comfort was key! So I did much cleaning out of anything I didn't absolutely love or hadn't used in several years. Design has always been a great love of mine so it worked right in to decorating with natural elements that soothe and destress me. Comfortable couches and chairs. Plenty of soft pillows and throws. Warm wood and natural accessories like pine cones, shells, rocks and candles. This room walks out onto our deck where living nature abounds. Relaxing in a comfortable chair with my mocha and a book is definitely healing. Or throwing the ball for our two goldens or deadheading roses in the garden soothes my soul.  The rest of the first floor, the master bedroom, bath, kitchen and my creativity studio have all been redone to reflect my desire for comfort. Since I spend so much time here I want to feel warm, cozy and safe. A cocoon conducive to healing and growth. When I lean back to relax, I let out a calming breath of "Ahhhh"

It's always a work in progress because that feeds my creativity, but I know my home will always be my safe harbor through fair weather and storm.

Where is spirit leading you?

1 comment: