Friday, September 7, 2012

Time

Mitch Albom has a new book out called The Time Keeper. It deals with our perception of time and what we do with the time we have. I have been processing this lately, Since I've realized I have more time behind me than ahead. At least on earth.

I wasted so much time worrying about stupid things. Mainly how fat I was (most of the time it was my perception, not reality) how my hair looked. How my kids looked and acted. How everyone else was doing or NOT doing.Like it was any business of mine!. How BUSY I was.  It's too bad we can't learn these lessons early instead of later in life. But THANK GOD I know now.

Today I live to enjoy every minute. Treasure every hour.  Nurture myself. And love those around you. Do you want your last minutes on earth to be spent worrying about your size? Exercise?  Gossiping about someone ?
Rushing around like a chicken with no head? Yelling at your kids?

SLOW DOWN!!! Take deep breaths. Yes, smell the roses, or lavender. Sit on the deck, pet your dog, cuddle your child. Life here is short.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about this very subject early this morning. We do waste so much time and energy on useless worry and fretting.

    ReplyDelete